Thursday, 8 September 2016

Gothic Hall on the 1st Floor - Mountain Slide (2)

In my previous post on the Gothic Hall in the children’s rooms on the 1st floor of the Winter Palace [http://winterpalaceresearch.blogspot.ca/2016/08/gothic-hall-in-childrens-rooms-of.html], I wrote of the mountain slide for the daughters of Nicholas II. To give you an idea of what it looked like, I had posted a photo of the slide in the Alexander Palace.

I have found a smaller version of a slide that was in the Konstantinovich Palace in Strelna (photo below). It is smaller in size and would more easily have fit in the Gothic Hall’s limited space.



In Empress Marie’s album, there was a slide in the garden of the Anichkov Palace that was used by the Empress’ grandchildren during the war (photo below). I am searching to find out if the slide in the Winter Palace was moved to the Anichkov.

No comments:

Post a Comment