Saturday, 10 December 2016

Winterhalter & Neff in Empress' Dressing Room

I am very grateful to readers for their comments and questions. I am able to revise and search further on ideas they bring to the fore.

Stephilius wrote that Winterhalter was the artist of Grand Duchess Marie’s portrait (below) in the photograph of Empress Marie’s Dressing Room: http://winterpalaceresearch.blogspot.ca/2016/12/unwanted-guests-creepy-crawlies-in.html


This confirms the year 1871 for the series of photos that I have of the room.   

T. Neff’s ‘Madonna and Child’ (below), visible on the wall opposite in another photograph, was inherited by Empress Marie’s son Alexis and is listed in the inventory of his palace on the Moika.



1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I love Winterhalter - and this is such a lovely, not-very-well-known one. Glad to be of any kind of help. : )

    ReplyDelete