Tuesday, 7 March 2017

An Important Day for Nicholas II, Xenia & Olga

On Thursday, April 9th, 1915 Nicholas II wrote “… An important day for me arriving in Galicia! At 10 AM came to Brody station … and then rode to Lvov…I visited Olga’s infirmary, where I saw Xenia. At 6:30 arrived at the Viceroy’s Palace…”

The rare photo (below) is of Nicholas meeting Xenia and Olga, at the entrance to the Garrison Church in Lvov that was published in the magazine «Лѣтопись войны 1914-1915» №40, май 1915. Is this the last photo of brother and sisters together?
 
Photographs (below) of Nicholas visit to Lvov and the Viceroy’s Palace

 


 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Romonov's destiny!! I don't know what actually happened to the family but I hope they were not killed. God Bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They unfortunately were killed ;( but now rhey are Saints in the Kingdom of God and in that case triomphed over the devil :D

    ReplyDelete